Monday, November 25, 2013

Sept 30th, 2013

Man, another week has gone by and it has been an interesting one to say the least. A lot of trying things have been happening and we are doing our best to keep our heads high and our faith burning and I feel as though we have finally made a resolution that no more. This is a Gospel of miracles, God is a God of miracles and that if we need to call down angels we can. Really I am just tired of having weeks that I am not just excited to talk about. I mean, I am a missionary, I have the best job that ever was and this time is extremely precious and man it is short. It is already October and that is nuts I can't believe it. Enough Trunkiness about time I have just learned a lot this week about how important every single moment is and how we should never malgastar a single second. When we do all we can and when we do it with Faith, then the miracles come, but never before.

 

This week we had a lot of bad news, I guess starting with la hermanita Tiffany. She texted us on Thursday or Friday night to tell us that she no longer felt she was committed to being a Mormon. That her family had spoked to her and they didn't quite approve and so she was going to go ahead and start checkin' out other churches. Man, that was like a punch to the mouth especially because she was to be baptized yesterday. Luckily for us we were able to catch her at home Saturday after she stopped responding to our texts and we had a great lesson and review on the resoration and it's importance and the importance especially of the Priesthood authority that our church possesses. The spirit was there just super strong and she mentioned out of nowhere that she felt like someone was standing next to her and had placed a hand on her. What a spiritual confirmation that was to her and she was able to decide that being a "Mormon" is what God wants her to do. So we told her that Sunday was still a possibility for Baptism and got her pumped and then come Sunday morning she texted us that something had happened to her eye. Something called STI I have not sure what that is but it was pretty ugly I guess. It was sucky to hear but we know that there is still a lot of hope for Tiffany here in the next week or so and that the Spirit has told her this is what she needs.

 So we are praying for a miracle.

 

Our homeboy Larry was all pumped for church and we had him a ride set up and I guess Saturday night he had a meltdown of sorts. Larry suffered from Bi-polar disorder and I guess something happened Saturday and his mother has kindly asked us that we don't return and teach Larry anymore because she feels as though our lessons were the cause of the episode. This was sad for me because Larry in our lessons had been focusing a lot more, the Spirit had been helping him a lot and the family was pretty opposed to him studying with us and I think the stress of it all got to him. So no more Larry. Hopefully someday soon he will move out of his home and find the Elders again.

 

Joe-angel is still around his grandmother is still being a huge obstacle and so we have decided that we will just have to wait and see what goes down. The Bishop wants to come with us to a lesson so he can talk to abuelita and see if he can't persuade her to stop being so difficult.

 

Really after this week our teaching pool is just about shot, so this week we will be focusing a lot on finding and teaching the prepared we are just going to go "Hard" as Elder Lloyd puts it, I keep telling him I am not sure that should be our motto but he loves it I guess. As for the District things are about the same, I am going to keep working with the Elders to get them pumped or something. Hopefully more on that next week.

 

There is a man whose names is Sotero Rodriguez who has officially become our number 7 on our list of Active Priesthood holders, that is just awesome for us because it has put us over the halfway mark. This branch is going to open and we are going to keep working super hard with the Members here to get the ball really rolling. This branch could be opened so soon it's crazy. All it takes is faith. Faith is the catalyst for all miracles.

 

Also this week, working with a member family we helped them share the Gospel with their friends and family and they set up a picnic with the Elders. In that picnic we were able to teach a very very prepared woman, she accepted the missionary visits and knows this it what she needs right now to save her marriage and find true happiness. To top it all off...she lives out of our area -_-'. So we have handed her off to another set of Elders and she has already accepted a Baptisimal date and is just super ready.

This weekend is conference, how cool is it that we have a prophet who talks to us and stuff. If everyone knew and understood this principle the world would go nuts for conference. I mean it is like a holiday really. I can't wait to hear what our leaders have to say this week hopefully no one announces the end of the world cause that would be pretty sucky. I invite all of you to do all you can to find time to watch all sessions of conference. Even priesthood is being broadcast to homes now and stuff. Take notes, not on what the leaders say but what the spirit teaches you. There is a huge difference and it is one that I have been learning a lot with the new mission president. You can keep the notes in your revelation journals I hope you all got yourselves. If not, go get one I promise you'll love it. Invite people who are less active or non members to come watch conference. Let them know that there is a prophet and that God still speaks to man. That is the coolest thing ever. I love you all.

 

Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment