Monday, November 25, 2013

Oct. 21st, 2013

Man this week has been crazy nuts, the Lord has just blessed us like mad and it has to be because we decided that we were just going to go "Hard in the Paint" That is what my district has decided is our motto, I dunno if I had mentioned that or if it is the most appropriate missionary motto. Elder Lloyd explained to me that it was a Basketball phrase though and so nothing terrible or profane thank goodness. Since the beginning of the week we have just been working super hard. Tuesday we had interviews with President and they just got us pumped up like they always do and we just left determined to have a good week. And we finally did.
 
First off we threw down an exchange with the Elders of Stuart Place and I got to bring Elder Jones to Raymondville and Heavenly Father just blessed us a ton that day. We found a few people to teach, some more solid than others but we really had a great day. The Highlight being when we went to visit Sotero, the man we have just recently reactivated. After some devastating news that he was moving to Houston and that our count of Priesthood is dropping back down to 6 he called his provider over and she sat with us and had questions and since then we have been teaching her. She is a very humble lady with great desires and we are stoked to teach her. At the end of the exchange Elder Jones decided to go and try to smash a gnat on the inside of the windshield of the car and he cracked it pretty good....That is not a good thing. But the office didn't care too much.
 
Then we found this man who is new here in the United States, he just came from Mexico not long ago to try and raise some money for his wife and Son back home. His brother is a bishop and his wife got baptized but he never did. He asked us to "Sell him the Gospel" because he has Joseph Smith doubts and we told him that we didn't sell the Gospel the Holy Ghost did all the work and he accepted a BD. While we were talking to him this young man named Matthew approached us mid contact and asked us to teach him too. He was apparently at church and saw us and wants to be baptized and he accepted a date as well. I was just super surprised by the whole thing. Really the Lord has just showered us with Blessings. He is a good kid and now we just have to teach the Family, they are former investigators so they know the drill that just means we have to show them that we are the Elders that are going to Baptize them.
 
As for Vanessa, man we set a BD for the 27 of October and I haven't seen a person with so many excuses to not come to church. However after not giving up and a lot of prayer she came. We got the text Sunday morning that she wasn't going to come and our hearts sank. Elder Newland went and laid on his bed to read the Liahona for Spanish study. Shoutout to Elder Newlands mom if she is reading this. I just didn't feel right giving up. So I went and knelt down and said a prayer right after telling her to find a way to church. Immediately at the close of my prayer, she texted back and said she had found a car for church. I was just incredibly happy to hear that the Lord responds do quickly to prayer. She is going to be baptized this Sunday with her daughters. She has also received many blessings towards getting her own vehicle. God just loves us a lot.
 
So Elder Newland has decided that he is going to tell all the members here my birthday is the 24th of Oct because that is when I hit my year mark. When I deny it the Members all say something like, "Now we know you can't hide it from us." SO I should be getting a cake on Thursday. I will send photos. Also Super sorry we didn't get the Hat photo, we don't have to miles to go to the pony that we want to take the photo with. I will get it though I promise. There are some in the Email to hopefully distract you all.
 
As I have been out working this week I just realized the amount of work God expects from each of us and the amount of Faith it takes to work miracles. I feel as though for the first time in a long time I have truly fulfilled my duty as a missionary and that I now know what I have to do for the next year of service. Don't worry I don't think much about the whole time thing yet. Everyone else sure does though. I just know without any doubts that God will bless us with miracles if we just expect them to happen. The only difference between us and the children of Israel in the Old Testament is that they expected those things. They weren't surprised to see the Lord move mountains or stop the sun or part a sea or summon she-bears to eat young people. (I have been reading the Old Testament, it is crazy). The Lord works through our faith in him and our trust. As we love him and truly give our will to him he can make us instruments of power and of Christ-like love. I know that this is true with all my soul. Y Se que tenemos un Padre Celestial quien nos ama bastante y que esta es la obra de mi senor. We should all be partakers of this work. Don't ever be afraid of what you know, others need it if they are to ever attain salvation. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
I love you all
 
Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment