Alright so I don't have a ton to report but I don't want it to
sound as though I am discouraged so just a quick disclaimer on that.
This week we had Halloween and such and so Elder Newland and I almost
had to get put on Lockdown at 6 because we didn't have miles to get to
Harlingen for the Ward function. Lucky for us the Zone Leaders love us
and had miles and the actually came and got us which was really cool of
them to do. The party itself wasn't too terribly exciting just like a
ward party but you're a missionary and can't really do most of the stuff
and you work 30 minutes away from everyone so no one knows who you are
and so you feel like that awkward guy who invited himself to a party
that wasn't his. I did get donuts though, I had to eat them without my
hands and it was a competition so I didn't get to enjoy it but I got a
donut nonetheless. Other than that Halloween was just like any other day
except everyone had fake bodies and all sorts of good stuff all over
their homes. People go all out for Halloween here, like all out it is
disturbing.
Vanessa and Emma were confirmed members of the church which is good
because I stress about that family a lot and just like they always do
they made me worry up until the last second. They showed up late to
sacrament so we had to do their confirmations at the very end which made
me feel really silly cause that is just backwards. Her other 2 kids
that are of age to be baptized are giving us a bunch of trouble one of
them is 12 and doesn't like church because she doesn't know anyone but
won't let the young women come and try to befriend her. The other is 9
and likes grandmas church better because they get candy and watch
movies. We are trying to help them understand the eternal family and the
requirements to have that but now that Vanessa is on our side things
should go better.
Misael, he disappeared, he is avoiding us and so we are no longer teaching him.
Everyone else we were working with save Matthew has also
disappeared and he has been hard to stay in contact with. so not a whole
lot there.
We have been talking to like everything that is human this week and
have found some good potential but nothing solid as far as
investigators.
This week we have a 3 day leadership training and so I will be out
of the area for at least 3 days because I am staying somewhere in
McAllen to work and stuff we won't be driving home. I have been studying
a lot of obedience especially because we have revised the mission
baptisimal goal and we have to try our best now to hit it. It is going
to take everyone and a lot of miracles and I know that we have to be
obedient to expect anything by way of divine help. I really really hope
there is more to report next week about all the spiritual knowledge I
gain and stuff but this week although not bad just wasn't the most
exciting. We did see goats though, and Andrew Jacob, Vanessas son was a
Missionary for Halloween I included a photo of that. And Brother Ford
and Igor his iguana (It is real).
I love you all a lot.
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment