Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Back in the MTC

Nov. 15 2012

So mi familia Thursday is my P day and it has been a pretty good day. We had to get up at around 5:40 to make it to our 6:30 temple session. As always the temple was fantastic even though I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open! After our session we went to the cafeteria which has some pretty awesome breakfast, however it made me miss my home because I had some biscuits and gravy. I can honestly say though that not even the biscuits and gravy in the house of the Lord compare to those in my own home. So let's see...On monday when I reported they dropped me in my class to meet my new district. District 32C and they were just about to go and teach lessons. So I got paired up with my new companion Elder Grant and ruined his whole plan because he no longer had his companionship and we went straightway to teach some members. We taught a man with special needs named Nefi and he talked the whole time about how excited he was for Christmas and how we needed to behave because Santa was watching. we then taught and Hermana whose name was Andrea and talked to her about serving a mission and she expressed a desire to serve one herself. I gotta say, for having no plan things went pretty well.
Elder Grant speaks the language okay, he has given up conjugating some words and sometimes speaks in straight infinitives. He is a good Elder, tall and White, and I mean pretty white. He likes to say things like let's go Munch, or yeah we "beasted" that. 
There are two other Elders in the District, Johnson y Roth, they are good guys Elder Johnson cares a lot about this work and the other day got crazy discouraged after a lesson. I know the spirit helps guide our tongues because I was able to give him a talk and I don't remember what I said but he seemed to be doing better by the end of it. Now, when I got here there were Seven Hermanas in the District but 2 left for Spain Tuesday and the Other five are still here. 
I don't want to be here, in the MTC, I want to go and actually do. Being here just makes me miss home and being able to talk to my mom, or mess with my Dad, or pin my sisters to the stairs and beat them up with each other. But make no mistake I am out here doing exactly what the Lord would have me do. The Branch President, Swensen, pulled me aside after our fireside on Tuesday to make sure I was excited to be here and that I truly felt I was worth and such to be here. He did tell me something that made me feel better though, that he knows... that McAllen, Texas is part of my personal plan of Salvation. That someone there or something there is essential in my life... I didn't see Tyson on Wednesday and so I have been keeping my eye out for him because I want to see how he is holding up. The first few days here are really rough. I depart the 17 of December which is earlier than some of the members of my district so I am lucky that I don't have to stay the entire time. That means I will have Christmas in the field so I will get to talk with you guys. It is weird to think I will be spending my birthday here in the MTC. Not a terrible thing but still just strange. My family, now that you have my MTC mailbox or rather will in just a moment, please write me. I would love to hear how things are going and how everyone is doing. I can't promise weekly individual letters to you all but I will write back. Yo se que esta es la iglesia de Jesucristo y que el nos ama mucho. I promise you all that if you do what the Lord has asked of you, you will be filled with much Joy. I know it isn't always easy, in fact it rarely is but it is to help us come closer to our Savior. He wants us to be the best we can and that is only possible through the Gospel. Do all you can to do the "little" things you know you need to. Say your prayers, your Heavenly Father wants to hear from you, every single one of you. Mis Hermanas I love you all so much and I am so lucky to have you. Mom, Dad...thank you for loving me always. Both your sons love you very much.










No comments:

Post a Comment