Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

Nov. 22 2012

Happy Thanksgiving my dear family.
I don't aticipate this being a long email for I only have a few minutes to spare but I wanted to shoot you an e-mail real quick on this wonderful day. Jeffrey R. Holland came to speak with us today for our special fireside and I have to be honest I was afraid he was gonna tear us up. On the contrary his message today was wonderful and centered on love and on Gratitude go figure. Gratitude for the Lord and this wonderful opportunity we have to be part of God's final and great dispensation. Gratitude for Joseph Smith because he didn't just restore the primitive church he brought us everything that has to do with the Gospel. Gratitude for Temples, there was only one temple in the history of the world until the resoration and now we have like 139! That is nuts, this is the true work and It was interesting to hear him say that it upset him when Missionaries talked about being excited for the return to their "Real Life" because the life in the gospel is our real life. Our real purpose is centered on Christ not on money or the things of man and it hit me. I am doing the most important work I can right now and probably ever will. That is crazy to think about!
Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that of all the things the Lord has blessed me with, you are the greatest thing he has given me. Because of you my dear family I know about the Atonement and the Gospel. Through the examples I have had growing up I have learned to be the man I am. I know that we aren't a picture perfect cookie cutter Mormon Family but I would not trade a moment with you for anything in this whole world. I'm Grateful for a patient and loving father, a strong persistent mother, three sisters who have all taught me so much about repsect and how a woman is to be treated. Grandparents whom are among some of my greatest friends and examples. Friends who have never ever tried to deterr me from what I know is true, regardless of their sharing of my beliefs or not. Remember all that the Lord has given you my family. Thank him for all that we have and are because without him and his love for us we would truly have nothing. I love you all more than I could ever express. Today has taught me how important you all truly are to me. I miss you dearly but I could literally not be in a better place doing a better thing.
Thank you all
Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment