Okay, so I am writing Right now because I am not sure I am going to be able to write tomorrow because they are taking our P-day away due to thanksgiving. SO what we are doing tomorrow is because no teachers work they are giving us a huge service project to do... I am stuck in a human conveyor belt and will be handing boxes from left to right for about two hours then I will be cleaning up the cafeteria afterwards. We are having Thanksgiving "Dinner" at 11:30 am and then packing a sack lunch for real dinner time so we will see how that will go. I did all my laundry and stuff tonight and had a spare minute after my Spanish TALL practice to write you all. It is kind of loud in here so I am about to go nuts. Um let's see, Elder Roth is a nut and at night his freaky side comes out and he frightens me as well as keeps me up until like eleven. Elders Grant and Johnson don't help a ton. Elder Grant has this thing about not sitting still for any time at all so my meal times last about seven minutes because the second we are done eating we leave to go sit alone in the classroom. This last week it has been because we had to write his girlfriend because we have had special writing priveledges due to the robbing of the P-Day. But yeah I don't get to spend anytime to sit and just relax because he won't let me. I am not sure that the trio of Hermanas likes me too much either ... they rarely speak to me which is fine. For the most part I like my District, I love my teachers. Hermano Barton is like a spiritual giant....Ironic because he is Tanners height. Hermana Lawrence is pretty calm and quite but she does a good job teaching us especially given some of my district really struggles with the language...So the TRC went well this week, we taught a few special needs hermanos as well as a missionary who had been home for 5 days and an old man who got paired together. The old man just talked the whole time so I need to learn how to control my lessons more. We can't force it but we need to "guide" the lessons to the best of our abilities.I am having a hard time remembering anything of real consequence from this last week, it all just blurs together the stuff is just pretty repetitive and I am trying my absolute best to stay positive. The newest district from this last week has a couple of good Elders in it as well as a few weirdies but thus is the Mission life. I saw Brother Menlove, one of the counselors from my old MTC branch and he was excited to see I was back. He was a really nice man. My new branch president is a good guy... Oh and my district or at least the Elders in my district have taken to calling me an Ewok, Cause I'm small and brown. At first I didn't mind but I won't lie the Ewok sounds constantly have gotten old so we will see. A huge focus of our lessons this last week has been acting and not being acted upon. The Lord gave us our agency and expected us to use it. We are to work and strive everyday to make ourselves better. We aren't rocks we are servants of the Lord and we need to make sure we are always to work to make ourselves better. So we have been trying to incorporate that into our invitations, that they aren't to just sit and expect of the Lord they need to exercise their faith to find answers for ourselves. I would exhort...do all you can to use your agency to better yourselves and to come closer to Christ, follow his example, and remember...ask questions. The answer is always no unless you ask. Oh and thank you very very much for the package I appreciate the lotion I didn't expect my skin to get so bad here.and the Jerky even though the other Elders don't like it which doesn't matter. I honestly don't know what else to write I will try to write again tomorrow. Be sure to send Mamita and Papito my love and that they need to be safe.
I love you all so much. Study your scriptures, really study them, I promise you that if you do this it will bring you closer to God your Father. Remember your prayers.
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment