Monday, June 3, 2013

May 6, 2013

Happy 6th de Mayo my famili (There's a little tex-mex para y'all) I am gonna have to be brief our P-day, like most, is going to be a bit of a stressful experience. Partly because we always wash the car for like an hour in what should be a 20 minute ordeal but oh well I am not here to complain. Thank you for the package I did in fact get it today and was stoked to read the article about Cheetah Bassett and I also saw that Mr. Mortgous wife won 10,000 dolares. Awesome, someone needs to congratulate him for me as well as get an e-mail address for him that I can write to. It is seriously the hottest place in the whole world here I hope you all know that. Also no one even attempted the riddle...why not? I am also pleased to hear about the progress that has been made in the ways of my challenge, keep going. And no one told me whether or not we are related to Stan Bassett, I am curious.

 

This weekend was pretty great Maria finally got baptized and today we will find out if her son Miguel will be released from that facility. We promised her that just like with the people in Mosiah 24, the Lord will deliver him out of captivity for having made a covenant with him. I am not worried, the Lord always makes good on his promises if we do our part. She is a great lady and we are hoping that as she keeps changing that her children will feel her spirit and join her in the path. More on that soon.

This week we haven't had a ton of success with our current investigators and so we tried to find some new ones, we found 7. A woman named christina and her 2 daughters, one of which is 10 years old bi-polar and super Christian which is going to be interesting. Another couple Eslie and Jessica who have the nicest house I have been inside in Mercedes (I think he might be a hitman or something) and more of Maria Lopez family members. Everytime we go to that house there are more people inside it so we always end up teaching them first lessons. We are excited to work with them and hope that they soon will be making commitments to follow our Savior.

This Sunday Diego came to church for the first time in a long time. He told us about Saturday night that he had lost the desire to come to church and was up till 6a.m. and was going to bail but decided to pray and ask God for help, and he came. He is a good kid with good desires, we have a ways to go with him but we will help reactivate him if it kills me. His poor mother deserves it, she is the best member of the church I have ever met. She reads the bible to a blind cousin of a less-active member and succeeded in getting him to church yesterday and is making steps to get the whole house (which has like 1 member and 9 baptizable people in it) to join her in their studies and church and stuff. She has taken all the recent converts in our area and has made them all friends to fellowship eachother and she takes them out visiting teaching with her. She has done marvelous things for us and I just am very grateful for her and her efforts. Also, she is the best member present ever, only problem is that she doesn't have a car so taking her with us is hard. She makes me realize that I was not the best member of the church before.

I don't want to keep writing because I get to call this weekend and I want to have stuff to talk about. Today we are going to go Tie-digging which means that we are going to big warehouses where they sell nice ties by the pound. As well President Trayner is going to come work with Elder Ellsworth and I this week on Wednesday so I get to see how a master missionary does things. I am super excited for that. Oh and that picture is of the 10 pounds of Ham a lady gave us, we don't know what to do with it.

Thank you all again for the package and the planner covers and the sweet shirt I can't wait to use them and wear it. I hope you all know I love you and want you all to continue the great work. Family home evenings, reading etc. My challenge this week is to become accountable to the God. In your prayers talk to God about your day, the things you did well and the things you need help with making better. Listen to the spirit and what he directs you to pray about. It will truly make your prayers more meaningful as we try to pray for what he wants and not what we want. I will call you soon, stay classy.

Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment