So I wanted to start this week off saying that I am so very proud
of you all. I can't believe the amount of good news I received today
upon opening my inbox. Janessa, way to pwn your way to Stansbury
History. First championships are huge and get remembered for all
eternity so that is pretty sweet. Also, Jessica, 2nd Place?! Noice. You
are well on your way to being Stansbury Highs star Volleyball player
that is super awesome. Dad, High priest huh...getting kind of old are
we? Well with age comes experience and I am proud of you as well.
Janelle, I am happy you are enjoying your new job and that you have been
around the family more that makes me happy and that makes all this
blistering heat worth it. Mom keep going strong you are doing so good. I
am so proud and blessed to know that the Lord has his hand in all your
lives.
Things here could be going better. We are getting slaughtered at
church and it may be time to empty out and refill our teaching pool.
That is the hardest part of being a missionary is having to tell those
people you love that you can't help them if they don't act but it
sometimes helps them kick it into high gear. With a group this big if
one person takes the plunge the rest will too which is bad news bears.
Luckily for me I am going to die here in Mercedes so I have time to help
them through all their junk. We did find a woman named yari this week.
Actually if you read all the way back to my first weeks here you will
read about Yari, we didn't find her recently but we did stop by just
recently to see that she was doing much better and she agreed to sit
with us again and things have actually been going well. Here is hoping
she comes through this time. Because honestly visiting your own former
investigators is like visiting an Ex, it is super awkward to be like,
"Oh hey, remember how we had to drop you? Are you ready to be taught
again and actually progress?" But that is what happens when you are in
an area forever, you start getting to know everyone.
Really it has been quite uneventful this week. I feel foolish
because I don't know what else to say. Ah I know, Juan Lopez. Maria
Lopez' husband is very sick, I may have mentioned this already but the
other day in our lesson Maria had to bail because the old lady she takes
care of fell and no one would come help her so she left us sitting with
Juan. Awkward at first because what do you say to a man who is very
sick and never speaks to you. You teach him the word of wisdom and
commit him to live it, and you find out how much he loves Jesus Christ.
Then you have a solid lesson and realize that he is a lot more engaged
than you ever gave him credit for.
We have also made several women cry this week which is good. They
felt the spirit and when he makes people cry it means you win because he
has taken the lesson over which is the goal to begin with.
Unfortunately one of those women was Beatriz who is currently going
through a rough time. That is hard for us because we care a lot about
her. Luckily we have the Gospel and that is a one size fits all poncho
of comfort and peace. President Trayner is really actually coming our
with us tonight and so next week there should be some awesome stuff to
write to you about. I am really sorry there isn't more.
I want you all to really think about why it is you are all seeing
such great success in your lives. What has changed? What still needs to
change? What are some more blessings you would like from the Lord? What
can you do to show him you need these things? Answer these questions
prayerfully this week and let me know how it goes. Remember CPR (Church,
Prayer Read) As well as FHE. I love you all a great deal. Be good.
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment