So it's another P-day and I am here to report on the work. We did
just speak yesterday or at least most of us did and I was so happy to
hear that all is going well at home. The Lord has been blessing us a
great deal since we all embarked on this journey and I want you all to
know that I am so grateful for him and his love. There isn't a whole ton
to report on though you know most of what has happened but I will try
to make this an e-mail worth reading.
So real quick, Danny Longoria, a member of the ward here is very
rich, but that is beside the point. He got his call a few weeks ago and
has been called to serve in the Ventura California mission, he reports June 5th
that is the day that my companion dies so it's going to be that much
harder because we love Danny, he hangs out with us on P-day. Anyway not
sure why I shared that but seriously he is so rich that he has this
thing called a flashtorch and its just a flashlight that is powerful
enough to start fires. He also has a laser that burns holes in pants and
starts KFC buckets of chicken on fire, not that I would know that
because we as missionaries most definitely wouldn't take part in such
childish stuff....He is a good kid and we are excited to see him off.
The coolest part about it is that the missionary that converted him and
his family lives in his mission. That is so cool. That also means that
he gets to leave Mercedes before I do.
Also, best day ever. Wednesday there was a leadership training in
McAllen and so all the leaders in the mission were there. Elder Marble
my papi was there from Corpus. Since the drive up north is too far for
every night of the 3-day training. Those Elders are assigned to work in
the areas around McAllen at night. Well he pulled some strings or
something and was able to work with us in Mercedes. It was weird working
with both my 1st and 2nd companions at the same time. We were able to
visit our Recent converts including Mayra who talked to him about his
"Lady Friend" who looks over his facebook and she was a little
preoccupied about her. It was awkward because Mayra loves Elder Marble
so that was fun. Anyhow I included a picture of that for your enjoyment.
As far as the work we have officially met all the women in the
Lopez family that live here in Mercedes...that's like 7 women. Between
them all they have a primarys worth of children and we are doing the
best we can to coordinate our lessons to have all of them progress
together. Unfortunately some of them have Valley-men for husbands and
they are convinced that we are here to steal wives and run off with them
so they won't let them sit down with us. We know that the Lord works
miracles though and that, "No hay imposibles para el Senor". We are
hoping for a day of Pentecost type deal with them that the spirit will
just visit them all in rushing winds and that we will speak with tongues
of fire and they will be baptized by fire. That'd be pretty cool. P.S
Read Acts 2 if you want to know what I am talking about. But seriously
though, why would I pay to come to south Texas for a used wife? Their
logic is pretty bad.
Anthony is totally going to get baptized, we have had a few really
good lessons with him. We just for the first time taught him the Plan of
Salvation and he kind of got on us for not having taught that first
thing. We told him that when he was on his mission that he could
remember and apply that lesson. After that lesson he committed himself
to church this next Sunday because yesterday was Mothers' Day and he had
to go to his Moms' weird Christian Church. I will let you know what
goes on with him today. It'll be fun to watch him progress, he is the
most interesting kid ever.
Diego came to church 2 weeks in a row and it was amazing to see, at
the end of Sacrament before he left he bore to me his testimony and the
desires he has for his future family. It was really a special moment
and I am so proud of the progress he has made in his life. There is
still work to be done but in no time he will be back on his spiritual
feet. The gospel changes even the hardest of Hearts.
Felipe and Beatriz are officially permagating, I am at a loss of what I should be doing there. But we will figure it out.
Mayra and her kids are doing mostly good. Regina helped us teach a
lesson to Anthony because she was just hanging out with someone at his
apartment complex so we invited her to come sit down and teach. For an
11 year old she did a pretty good job in her broken English. Josue told
his mom he believes in science so I may have to drop kick his face.
All in all it has been a pretty good week, I want to invite you all
to get yourselves a study journal. The one I use is just a composition
notebook, it doesn't have to be fancy. In the front I want you to write
your testimony and then I want you to use that journal as you read and
as you recieve personal revelation. I hope you all know how proud of you
I am. Keep going strong and never give an inch, you are children of God
and if you let him he will lay angels to have charge over you. You are
never alone, nor are you ever powerless. You have God on your side and I
would invite you to always remember that. Talk to you soon.
I love you,
Elder "Brown Bear" Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment