So, first off Transfer news....I am staying here in Mercedes at
least for another 6 weeks. That should be my last transfer here and if
it isn't well then that means that I will be staying for 5 transfers
here because Elder Ellsworth dies next transfer so I would have to stay
here for a new companion one after that. I don't know if I can do 5 in
Mercedes I will not lie, I love it here but it just really isn't big
enough to be here 7 and a half months. Elder Curletti, our District
Leader is headed off to Rio Grande where Elder Marble was but Elder
Marble is headed up to Corpus Cristi to become a Zone leader. Things
will be weird with a new neighbor but, that is the mission.
The really good part about staying is that means that I get to see
Frank and Kayla take two plunges...first marriage, and second baptism.
Things with them have been going super good and I can't believe it is
already almost time for them to be baptized it feels like forever ago
that we were setting their BD and just starting the teaching process.
They have changed a ton this last month and a half and I can't begin to
tell you how amazing it is to see that process in others. We will keep
working with them and I will keep you posted.
Maria Guerrero came to church again this Sunday, things with her
are a bit weird. The reason being she is progressing but hasn't accepted
a Baptisimal date (BD) and that is really our focus right now. Without
that goal of a date she isn't progressing towards anything tangible we
are just really concerned with getting her doubts out into the open so
that we can help her through them. Her son told us the other day that he
would really like to sit down with us and take the classes as well. The
Lord is preparing that home and when they are ready there are 6 members
of that family that could all take the steps onto the straight and
narrow and that is super awesome.
We really don't have anyone else that is currently investigating
the reason being we had to drop Carlos because he wasn't actually taking
any action. It is unpleasant because progressing or not you do learn to
care about these people. We will be by him soon to see how he is doing,
we just need to give him some time to decide.
Good news though, Josue just got ordained a Deacon on Sunday which
is nuts! He has changed a lot since we got to sit outside with him and
his Sister back in December. The whole family has, Mayra was late to
church Sunday and she admitted to us that she felt bad because it was
her fault because she was being "floja y no tenia muchas ganas de ir".
But, she came anyway and that is how you know someone is converted. That
even when you have reasons not to come, you still do. The Coronado
family is doing amazingly well and it is awesome.
I hope you know how proud I am to hear that all of you are doing
your best to be better, that is what this life is all about. Changing
every day to be better. It doesn't happen at once but it will happen if
you are doing all you can to be the best you possible. That is something
that the mission has been teaching me. You just have to be moving
forward, it isn't a sprint, it is a marathon. I love you all soo very
much and can't wait to hear from you.
I hope all is going
well at home and will keep you all in my prayers. I love you all.
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment