So, I don't have a ton of time I had a few emails to respond to. I
am happy to hear things are going well at home and that time is moving
forward sometimes I forget that it hasn't just stopped and that going
home will mean going to a great deal of new things. Dad I love the bull
thing it is sweet, and no I haven't gotten the coloring books yet but
they will come I am sure. This Email is gonna have to be a bit short. I
am sorry about that.
Elder Ellsworth is my new companion and we are getting along pretty well, he and I haven't fought the biggest issue is that he doesn't wash his dishes but I will just deal with that no big deal. That is kind of the mission life, getting over the faults of others and trying only to better yuorself instead of tear them down. Elder Curletti, our neighbor is our District Leader now so that means I have to follow up which is kinda sucky. It is super hot here, not pleasant hot, like super humid uncomfortable hot and windy.
The area is doing well for being so small, sometimes I feel like I
have been everywhere and knocked every house in Mercedes but I know that
can't be true. We have kept teaching the Guerrero family and this last
week Mayra and David got married!! That is huge, apparently most
missionaries never get people to do that but the Lord worked really hard
on that family and we were blessed to be part of it. Unfortunately due
to some complications Mayra is going to need to be interviewed by
President Trayner but she is not giving up and neither are we. The other
day she invited us over for her wedding party and when we got there we
were a few hours late because we had appointments and the only people
there were people that I had taught and that had blown me off...awkward,
for them because I thought it was hilarious to go to their table and
call them by name and make them uncomfortable. Her kids and her just
need solid testimonies because if not then baptism is really just a
curse upon there heads.
Which leads me to my next point, Norma...She got baptized and
confirmed but her old church is just bothering her and it's confusing
her. We had a lesson this last week and she told us that God had told
her that our church was true and that she needed to be baptized but that
she still wasn't sure if she was gonna keep coming or go back to the
other church. I don't know what to do because if God's word isn't enough
then I doubt mine will be. I can't help but feel responsible, like
maybe she hadn't been taught well enough or maybe we rushed her...It is
really hard. But we won't give up.
Anthony is this 17 year old kid we met and have run into like 8
times, finally we got the chance to sit down with him and set a
Baptisimal Date with him. He is really chill and so far has liked to
book of Mormon and so we are stoked for him.
Kayla loves church and Frank hasn't come but he is trying to get
work off so that he can join us. There are just so many forces working
to keep him from going. A man at his job just quit which lowered the
likelihood and I am just praying for a miracle. He isn't going to get
left behind, we can't leave him behind. We committed them to marriage
and I am going to do all I can to make sure all goes well. Kayla already
calls herself a Mormon and so I am not worried about her.
So real quick Jessica happy birthday Albino I love you lots and lots. I want to hear how Papito is doing, no one has said anything since the lab internship thing. Tell him and Mamita I love them and miss them tons. Also, it is easier and cheaper for you guys to just put a few bucks in my account rather than ship stuff here. I know sometimes it is more fun for you to ship it but for the most part just a deposit will work best.
My challenge is this, I want you to find a talk by Brad Wilcox that
is called "His Grace is sufficient" and read it. Changed my perspective
on a lot of stuff. I know that will help you with last weeks challenge
as well. I love you all a lot I am sorry this one is short but I didn't
have a ton of time.
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment