So I am officially in Edinburg!! The
Smallest zone in the mission! I am a DL over the University District and
we cover the college dorms here so that is weird to teach people like
my age and stuff. We are also blessed to have the church in our area and
for the first time I have members which is super rad I was like in
tears when I found out! The challenge now is going to be getting the
members involved in the work and on board to help the missionaries. As
of now they just invite us over and want to kick it with us for way too
long and we can't have that so I have to train them on member missionary
relations. Seems like things have been way too lax for a long time and
the district I am in is struggling because of it.
Now we ourselves haven't seen a lot, I have just one companion
Elder Gallman and he is younger than me in the mission and he and I are
working hard to get things moving and get the comp unity up in action.
He has a ton of potential now i am just trying to help him find it.
However. I am next to no help because I am new to the area and am trying
to learn it, and about my district and our investigators and stuff.
Right now our investigator pool is non-existent. We have a few
that listen to us but won't accept BD's and stuff so they aren't really
progressing too well. We spent some time finding this last week but we
didn't really have a ton of luck. That is going to have to change I have
a whole College at my disposal and so we are going to try and just go
nuts and get the crazy kids on board.
So in our zone we only have 12 missionaries and so we are
basically just a big district and we are working on building zone unity
because we have none. So the DL's and the ZL's got together and we were
thinking and brainstorming and thinking of ways to get the unity, we
decided we needed a zone name, so I suggested the Dirty Dozen. The ZL's
loved it so now we have a gang sign and we are making shirts and now we
are trying to make everyone nicknames and stuff it is pretty rad and I
am excited to see how that goes.
This week we got slammed with 40 degree weather and rain and
we are the only companionship in the zone without a car and I got super
sick. Like I was not ready for it at all I am dying but I will be fine
it is just la gripa.
Also now I have sisters in my district and that is rough.
Sister missionaries are different and follow ups and stuff with them are
hard because they are sisters and they cry and stuff and our sisters
have been struggling a lot so hopefully I can help them out.
Really next week I will have more to report but I will send pics today!!
The
family in the photos is some pastor who came to my last FHE in
Raymondville he uploaded it to FB I think to show that there is love
between us and his church I think....
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment