Hello Everyone,
This week was pretty uneventful but I did learn a bunch about the
power of prayer. I figured I would start there, this may be a little bit
of a silly story but here goes. A few weeks back I was to receive a
package that was a package of a bit of sacrifice and I wanted very badly
to receive it. Well time went by and by and it never came and as you
may imagine I was a bit worried but I prayed and prayed and asked God to
not let the sacrifice go to waste and I prayed and prayed and I
officially gave up worrying about it when I found out it had been marked
delivered and felt that worrying was a waste of my time and energy. One
night, my Zone Leaders just came up to me and said, "Hey we have a
package for you, someone loves you a lot." I realized in that moment
that someone really does love me lots. God had heard me and though it
seems trivial and silly to worry so much or look so much into the
receiving of a package, having received it made me realize that I hadn't
just received some snacks and shirts and whatnot but that I had
received an answer to my prayers. I feel like God takes times like this
to teach me just plain and simply because that is how I learn best. It
just made me feel great to know he cares even about the little things in
our lives even silly packages.
Other than that we had a pretty standard week, we had tons of rain
and that meant mud and that meant no one outside which makes meeting
people interesting. Rain here just sucks the life out of the world it
seems, people don't like it because it makes it humid as sin and that
just makes it like a rainy sauna. Like a shower kind of and that isn't
fun. However Elder Lloyd and I worked pretty hard to make things happen
and we saw some miracles even among a lot of trials.
George didn't come to church and I feel as though we are going to have to let George know we won't be going by anymore, that until he is ready to act we really can't help him. That is a hard part of missionary work but it is a huge part of it is knowing when you can do no more and I think unfortunately we have reached that point with George. He is a good man and I am confident one day he will accept the Gospel in it's fulness but not right now.
George didn't come to church and I feel as though we are going to have to let George know we won't be going by anymore, that until he is ready to act we really can't help him. That is a hard part of missionary work but it is a huge part of it is knowing when you can do no more and I think unfortunately we have reached that point with George. He is a good man and I am confident one day he will accept the Gospel in it's fulness but not right now.
Joe Angel needs grandmas permission and she isn't giving it yet, I
need all the faith for that miracle I can get so feel free to add your
prayers to mine that Joe Angel can and will be baptized this week.
Vanessa seems to be distancing herself from us which is hard
because she was doing so well. We aren't too sure what is happening but
we are going to work our hearts out to get her back. She has had a few
questions about the living prophets and that plus all the anti seems to
have turned her off a bit to the church but we know that the Lord can
help and that he will if this is her time. More on that as we can.
This week amidst all the trial we found a light, there is a less
active 16 year old named Alma, and her and her friends were doing some
not so good stuff and she wanted to change. So she and her friend
Tiffany decided that they were going to start going to church and start
being better and she told us all about her plans. Then they never went
through, this was all about a month ago. So after trying and trying to
meet tiffany we just kind of gave up, Alma wasn't helping things were
looking bad. Then all of a sudden yesterday they showed up at church and
now we have a lesson with Tiffany on Tuesday.
She seems like a good girl that has a lot of potential and that makes
us happy. Kind of like a light in a dark room that we were in. We hope
she will progress and that she will be baptized.
We spoke with the Stake president and have officially set some
things up to get work going to open this branch back up. Elder Lloyd and
I have been working hard to make specific plans and we feel that it
will be open very soon. We are hoping 6 months, neither of us will
really be here to see it but we want to make sure it is at least
happening. We just need to meet with all the bishops that would be
involved and get the members doing their part. If they do that and we do
ours we know the Lord will bless them.
Other than that there has not been a ton. Sorry it is short and
seems rushed, I had some emails that needed sending. I hope you all know
that I love you and want to leave you a challenge this week. Pick
someone you know, someone you love and make a list of their strengths,
like 3 or 4 will be plenty and sneak that list into a place where they
will find it. Make that list from your heart, make it anonymous. The
reason being is that I realized this week the importance of focusing on
finding the good in others as well as ourselves and sometimes it takes
an outside source to help us find a strength we didn't know we had. If
you really want, make several lists and be sure to extend the
committment to all those you make the lists for in writing. I hope that
makes sense.
Dale!
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment