Monday, July 22, 2013

July 15, 2013

So they made us wait until this morning to find out, Usually they tell us Thursday or Friday before but the new mission president decided Monday would give us enough time. We got transfer news and it looks like Good 'Ol Elder Bassett has to leave the running for King of Mercedes a three way tie and move on over to Raymondeville to be the District Leader there. I have no idea what it is, where it is, what it is like, who lives there, how big it is, nothin. I know that the companion I will have Elder Lloyd was in my MTC zone, in fact I was his Zone leader in the MTC and he is a good kid. I am excited to see how he is and to be in a car during August because I am not sure if I mentioned this, It is hot here. Like really really hot.

I am bummed because Elder Casteel is my son and I don't get to finish training him and because all my recent converts are here, including The Guerrero family who I love so much, Mayra is going to die when she hears I am getting transferred in fact her 12 year old daughter Regina told me I don't get to leave Mercedes alive so we will see how that goes. Saying goodbye to everyone is going to be hard especially with so little time. We only get threee hours to work on Mondays because it is P-day and so saying goodbye to everyone may be difficult. Luckily I thought aheard and set up an FHE with everyone this evening so that they can all be in one place at the same time so I can spend time with them.

This last week was hard, we saw some super awesome stuff happen and then agency and Satan came and had to ruin it all. This family we have been teaching that has been terrified of church finally came to a church tour and met the bishop and loved it, then come Sunday they didn't show. That means my poor son and his new companion have to have a drop lesson their first day together. It made me sad because Elder Casteel is learning to really love these people and this family holds a special place in his heart because they are really the first family that he ever taught and had progress as a missionary so saying goodbye to them is going to be hard. But, that is mission life at times, it isn't all rainbows and butterflies, in fact it very rarely is either of those things. Elder Casteel is a great elder and is going to have a great time learning from this new Elder Wilding and I hope he goes on to be a million times better than I am.

I got to work with Elder White this week, one of my dearest friends in this world and we got to go on an exchange and it was awesome we had so much fun, See pictures. I don't ever want to be a Zone Leader but I do hope God sees fit in his infinite mercy to give me some time as Elder Whites companion.

I have learned a ton here in Mercedes about this work, about loving the people, about the scriptures and their purpose and importance. I have learned I can do hard things and that the Lord expects great things from each of us. I know now that for sure Christ is the savior and that this is his work. I got to give a talk in Spanish Ward yesterday for about 12 minutes about member missionary work and it went really well. Members are so vital to this work it was nice to be able to give them a push to go and do their part. I want to invite all of you to find your ward mission plans and find out what you can do to contribute to it.

I love you all

Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment