Okay first off, Mom, you can send more than one picture in an
email. Have someone show you haha I opened my email today to like four
hundred thousand emails with just one picture in it. This week has been
good we had some interesting things go down especially on Tuesday, I
will get to that soon. Most importantly however were the experiences we
got to have with Frank and Kayla. First of all, they got married!! That
is two for El Centro in the last 2 and a half transfers and apparently
that is awesome because getting people married down here sucks. You have
to ask everyone because we ran into a couple of like 70 year olds who
had been together forever and weren't married. "What's the point? If I
get married then I will just have to get divorced." Stupidest thought
process ever. I will get you pictures of the wedding soon, I forgot my
camera at the apartment the day of the wedding so I wasn't able to
actually take any photos but we will get some. Weddings are stressful,
even tiny ones like theirs. However, more amazing than the wedding was
the Baptism, They were married on their 1 year anniversary or maybe 2
year I won't lie I don't know, and then were baptized two days later.
Awesome.
Oh by the way Saturday was 102 and humid....not fun. But on an
awesome note Thursday we had our first English class and more people
than we thought showed up. We were expecting like 5 and 10 showed up and
our room wasn't big enough so this week we will have to make some
adjustments. Also, Valley-men don't really care to learn English so only
women showed which meant we had to ask a less active, Diego, if he
would come because we couldn't be inside with only women. But we killed
it, we had a blast and the women suck at English so I got to laugh a
bit. The Lord didn't like that though because in the middle of the class
I had to crouch down to write something on the board and my pants
split. Not big enough for anyone who wasn't paying a lot of attention to
notice but big enough that I can't wear them until I fix them. It was
right in the Crotch area and it was almost really really bad. The other
Elders thought that was funny though when I told them about it after.
We had a crazy day Tuesday and so it will be the majority of the
email and it all started with this guy we met. This old man was on the
street where our appointment was and he was watering his grass, we
walked past him and after we realized our appointment had bailed we made
our way back past and figured we should stop and talk with him. He
wasn't interested he was "Catholic" but he gave us a referral which is
good because we suck at getting those, he then proceeded to tell us we
needed to visit each and every person on the street. We realized that
wouldn't be really anything new because we contact streets all the time
and after he said he didn't need help we went on our way. While biking
to visit a less-active family we saw a couple working on a car and we
started talking with them, their names are Felipe and Beatriz and they
are most deifinitely prepared to hear the Gospel and although He was
busy She was happy to hear us out, come to find out mid-contact that
they are friends of Frank and Kayla! Awesome fellowshipping opportunity.
So we finished there set up a return appointment and we back for some
late lunch. On the door was the "Sorry we missed you" UPS sticker for my
package and I was kind of bummed. So we ate and headed back out to our
next appointment who also bailed and so we crossed the street to visit
our back-up. While at the door the UPS guy pulled up walked up and left a
package on the step, as we exited the gate he looked at us and asked,
"You guys wouldn't happen to know a Justin Bassett would you?" Whelp
that is me so I got my package, little did I know that it was 10 pounds
and huge so I had to figure out how to get it home. After stuffing it
into my backpack we headed back home to drop it off. While waiting at a
light this big shirtless man with headphones in and a bandana and Rasta
Socks comes biking past while his chubbiness blew in the wind. He looked
at us and made the rock on sign and kept going. Weird. We then dropped
the package off and went back to work on our way past a house we found
this little old lady whose last name is MonDragon was trying to get her
garbage on the street and we offered to help. After we did the woman
started hitting on Elder Ellsworth because he has beautiful eyes. When
we tried to leave she said she wanted to bless us so she grabbed my hand
and stared deep into my eyes and said, "May the Lord always be with
you." She did the same with Elder Ellsworth except after his she looked
up and said, "Praise the Lord Jesus!". Weird. I feel like there was some
more stuff that happened but I don't really remember the rest of the
night. We did see some birds fight, that was interesting.
Anyhow, awesome to hear that you guys had a good anniversary Mom and Dad, you are old just thought you should know. The work here is going well and I don't think I NEED anything else at the present time but I will be excited to receive those planner covers. As far as that bag I mentioned Dad what works perfect is a Military tactical toolkit, Elder Charles got his at the army surplus store. If you can't find that it is fine we will figure it out. Also, You guys sent chocolate in the mail, it was 102 here this week and chocolate doesn't do well in that kind of heat so I dunno if chocolate is the best package Idea although after freezing the Snickers bunny it was delicious.
This week my challenge is to, during you scripture reading, find a
scripture that applies to you and how you intend to apply it in your
life and then I want to hear bout it in your next letter, I am so proud
of you all for doing the FHE thing we are going to do one this week with
a family but we may have to go to a funeral instead, more on that next
week. Keep up the good work, remember there is nothing you can't do if
you have the Lord. He loves you and so do I. Have a good week.
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment