Monday, April 15, 2013

Apr 15, 2013

One week till transfers! I dunno if I am staying or not but chances are I am leaving Mercedes. That is really nerve wracking for me because I don't know anything but here. I know that the Lord knows what he is doing and have to put all my faith in that. I still feel like a greenie n00b and can't believe it has been 6 months almost. I will be burning a tie don't worry about that.

So this week was not too terribly exciting, we had some good lessons but have been trying really hard to get our investigators back on track for baptism. We have had to reschedule a few and I will address why a little later but we aren't losing hope, all is well here in good ol' Mercedes. My Step-Dad Elder Ellsworth is going to die soon, next transfer is his last one which is why I don't think I am staying because I would have to stay 2 more if I stayed. I feel like I have nothing to say so I am going to get into the stories of the people.

Maria Guerrero was to be baptized the 14th of April, because she has had some trouble with the Word of Wisdom, WoW, she has had to reschedule but we are not going to give up on her because she truly needs to gospel and truly wants it. One of her sons jsut recently got himself into some trouble with the law and because of his legal standing he may not be staying in the states much longer, we aren't sure. We have promised her that if she remains faithful and continues towards baptism she will be blessed. She will be baptized the 28th of April.

Felipe and Beatriz need to get Felipe Divorced before they can be married. Well, just so everyone knows, divorce is a lot more expensive that marriage is and we have to try to save up $400 soon so that they can be married so that they can be baptized. They are so very excited for baptism and so we had to do some brainstorming as to how we can raise that money and fast. Well, we decided this is south Texas so what we are going to do is have a Chicken-plate sale. $5 a plate for some arroz, papas, frijoles y un pierna de pollo. We are going to have that sale on Thursday and I will be sure to let you know how that goes. We are super stoked but as missionaries can't help sell the tickets for the meal so we have been trying to get others involved. With the Lord all will go very well.

We found the Garcias again and set some BD's with them for May the 19th and will get Jose and Maria back on track, more on them as we go.

Maria and Juan Lopez are also working towards Baptism but Juan is very very sick and so teaching them is hard. They are the parents in law of our permagator and so he is going to help us out with them and hopefully get baptized himself. Should be super awesome!

I am sorry this one is so short I wrote a bunch of personal emails this week and don't have a ton more time left. My challenge this week is to pray to know what is one thing you can personally change in your life to do better. With Diego we have been having him write down one small step he can take to being back on track and then we make him carry it around and do it. The lord says by small and simple things are great things come to pass. There are great things we all need in our lives but it all starts by doing the small ones. That is my challenge prayerfully come up with something you can do in your life to be better. Read your patriarchal blessing if you have it and study your scriptures and come up with your goal by wednesday, then next Monday I want to hear how it went. I don't need details about what it is but I would like to hear how it goes. I love you all very much and hope yo hear from you soon.

Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment