Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 5, 2013

Okay, so there is not a whole ton this week to report on, it has been a really long, slow and pretty difficult week. I am working hard with Elder Lloyd to find some new people to teach and so far have some out of the box ideas. We are gonna go in our service clothes to find some new people to teach or help some less actives or something. We are gonna bake some cookies and have a member take them to a less active and invite them to church because one thing is for certain. Less Actives know non members and non members need to be baptized.
We have also started a Book of Mormon study class here in Raymondville. See what happened here is that there used to be a branch here and so there is a little chapel here and everything. What happened was the members weren't coming and paying their tithing and the Priesthood was lacking so they had to close it down. That means that all the 50+ members that were here now have to drive  30 minutes to church in Harlingen which is apparently the most difficult thing in this whole world to do and as a result many members have fallen away and many members have lost a great deal of the light they possessed. So there is a lot of work to be done here.
The highlight was definitely helping Alex get confirmed. Due to some trouble the Family we were working with kind of fell of the map we are working on that. Really though other than that we haven't done a whole lot else. I wish there were more to tell but there really isn't
I hope you all are being obedient and finding love for the Gospel. I would encourage you to study receiving personal revelation. I love you all. be good and have faith.

Elder Bassett

No comments:

Post a Comment