Man it is crazy to think that
transfers are coming in hot. I can't believe it has been almost six
weeks since I got to Raymondville, that is nuts to me. I get the feeling
that I will be staying and that Elder Lloyd will be leaving which is a
bit of a bummer considering he and I are getting along really well and
we are ,"Going pretty Hard." as he likes to put it. Things started off
super slow for us this transfer but as of right now we are looking to
help Vanessa and her daughters and hopefully her son be baptized here in
the month of September which will be huge because apparently the Zone I
am in has been struggling to break 12 baptisms in a month for 2 years.
We are hoping to change that and to up the faith and to make these areas
some of the best ones ever.
I guess on a slightly unrelated yet strangely very related
note, I talked with Edgar, a member from Mercedes and he took me out to
eat and we talked about the work that is going on back there and it
looks like they are about to go crazy and baptized like 17 this weekend.
I also found out that about 5 of the people that I left there teaching
are going to be baptized and truly that is the best news ever. It made
me smile to know that the work is still going strong over there.
Things in Raymondville are moving, last week we had almost a
perfect week in regards to the standard of Excellence set forth by the
mission, the only issue we had was church. Everything was going great
until Sunday morning our investigators boyfriend decided he wasn't going
to let his son set foot in a Mormon church because we are evil and
brainwash people and don't pray to God, so he fought with our
investigator and she was unable to come. Also, we have been working with
a guy I met on exchanges with one of the Zone leaders by the name of
Domingo who at first I will be honest I didn't think much of. I feel
terrible because I have come to realize that under it all and behind all
the mistakes is a son of God, and a very humble one at that. He is a
good man and we are trying to get him to church, problem is that he has
no transportation and the member we had set up bailed Sunday Morning for
no good reason. It was frustrating but it happened. We are hoping to
help him this week get to church because we want to help him be better
and find forgiveness.
The other areas are still struggling a bit, some of the Elders
need more faith, some need to be more realistic and so I have been
working to get that Equilibrium so that the District can flourish. The
way I see it, who goes and preaches in a place and works in the hot sun
and sweats and gets exhausted and dehydrated and does it all not
expecting to succeed. That sucks, and I am trying to get my Elders to
stop that because that is a miserable prospect. I feel like all of us
get stuck in that rut though from time to time. We go through motions
and work and do all sorts of stuff not really truly expecting any good
to come from it. I have made the decision that I don't want my life the
be lived that way. Sure things may be hard and sure the way is thorny
but being negative or faithless just makes it a million times worse. So
if any of you are being that way. Stop it. Be positive and wear a smile
even when stuff sucks and I know the Lord can bless you. Even Job,
"Never sinned with his lips." He took it all the best he knew how and
trust me, Jobs life sucked.
I love you all and hope that things are going well for you, things
here are moving right along and I am confident the Lord has me where he
needs me and that someday soon this branch will be open and Raymondville
will just pwn all noobs. Please have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment