Okay, so yesterday was my 4th Sunday out here in Mercedes and it was actually a good week! Not that the others haven't been it was just nice to look at my goals set for the week and seeing that Elder Marble and I had actually hit most of our Numbers. I did in fact get that package finally thank you for the stuff I was happy to see the letters as well as those freaking awesome candy canes.
So, like I said this week was very good because we were able to hit what we call our key indicators, it's how we keep track of goals and such. Our District is the smallest in the Zone, it is just 2 companionships and we led the Zone in BD's at Church or investigators with baptisimal dates at church. I think that is in no small part due to our awesome family the Guerrero family and Norma. They all came and actually one of the Sobrinas of Myra came with her and told us she wants to be baptized. Woohoo!
Juan, Juan is not going very good for us. He got so close but then threw all of these doubts at us and told us that if he didn't receive a sign then he couldn't be baptized with us. This is hard for Elder Marble because Juan is his white whale and he cares a lot for him and to hear him take steps backwards isn't easy. I think that as a result we are going to have to drop him because if he isn't willing to progress then there just isn't anything we can do for him and we can't be wasting our time with him. Just so you know, it sucks knowing that.
Norma, now I think Norma is understanding a bit more about the importance of what we teach and baptism but on Sunday we got some less than good news. She has doubts herself about baptism. She feels as though we are pressuring her and that she isn't ready for the 27th. The worst part about all of these doubts is the fact that it wasn't us she told about them it was a member of the ward that gave her a ride to church. This week it is our goal to not only teach her the things she still needs to learn but to try and get her to be more comfortable with us, comfortable enough that she will tell us these things herself because they are questions we have asked her and never gotten a response like that. I am not terribly worried because she knows what we teach is true she is just scared.
Daniel is MIA, we set an awesome BD after a great lesson where the spirit just had our backs and we think his family got to him and told him not to talk with us. I am worried because he was such a strong spirit and we know he was excited and he knew that God wanted him to do it. More on him as I find out.
Nele is a girl we ran into a while back and have only taught her once but we stopped by to visit her and her husband, just got locked up so she is having a rough time so we are hoping she lets us come by and teach her. Humbling experiences are the best for us.
Ollie is a woman we set a BD with but only taught once while I was on an exchange and am hoping she gets solid here soon. More on her next week I hope.
Now the Guerrero family, I love them so much. The kids are super great and are loving the gospel and it has been magnificent to see them grow into it so fast. Myra is doing very well too and has stopped drinking and smoking and now has plans to be married to David next month so we can get her baptized on the 24th. When we go over to visit they fight over who gets to pray or who gets to read and they were fighting over the Book of Mormon so we had to bring them each individually one. Josue the son had a flat tire on his bike and a rusty chain so we got the chance to got help him fix it because he and his family want to come out with us once they get baptized. Music to my earholes. Myra this week brought her friend Melissa over for a lesson because Melissa is in an abusive relationship and Myra thinks she too needs the gospel. Melissa is a great lady with a very young daughter and we want to help her out a lot but she went back to the man and apparently he doesn't want to hear our noise. But we will get her, and David, Myras husband or novio. He says he doesn't feel anything when he is at church or whatever so doesn't wanna get baptized but that is gonna change soon.
So, other highlights of the week. I went on an exchange with Elder Guilette my next door neighbor and fellow greenie and we stayed in my area. So like getting thrown into the deep end the two greenies had to figure out how to have an effective day. Well, we set a BD, contacted a few people, and only got lost once which surprised me because there are no mountains here so I never know where I am going. I still don't know what I am going to do if they swap Elder Marble out but I feel a bit more comfortable. I had to give a testimony in Sacrament in the Spanish Ward which sucked because everyone thought that I was supposed to give a talk and so they all asked me why it was so short. Luckily Elder Marble really did have to give a talk and it was good so everyone forgot about my testimony. However, I do feel like my testimony made sense which is an improvement.
My family I am happy to hear that aside from the Flu all is going pretty well, Dad I don't know what EVE is but painting and stuff is sweet so do that if you want. Mom, keep pwning newbs in sales. Tell Papito I am so happy for him, and that I love him and Mamita. Girls...behave, with all the boys and stuff I don't wanna hear that noise and drive carefully with defrosted windows and such. Janelle, I haven't heard from you but I hope all is going well. I love you, and I love you all very much. I miss you and am happy to hear that you have taken me up on my challenges. I will send pictures because there is one that is super sweet in front of some super cool graffiti (SP?).
This week, I want to challenge you all to pray for a missionary experience. Pray with the intention of acting on it. You don't need a black nametag to share the gospel so pray and act. Bear a testimony share a scripture, I don't care just open your mouth and share it. Angels are preparing people all over and the missionaries aren't enough. Every Member a Missionary, I want to hear how it goes. you know my address.
Les quiero,
Elder Bassett
No comments:
Post a Comment